Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A bit of reflection on ICT in Education


The main aim of UOO course was to develop a formal plan for incorporating technology into our teaching or class preparation in at least one new way and share our ideas with a group of teachers from all over the world.
Well, I think that aim was not wide enough to what we all experienced!

We were in touch with different online tools that are available FOR FREE for all teachers who are willing to give technology a go and who are trying to take advantage of the time students spend online doing things and activities that are not useful for them whatsoever.
What a huge challenge for me, a teacher who in spite of being in touch with technology for some time, has not been able to convince her peers that ONLINE learning really works!
Now that I am nurtured enough by all the readings I have done, all the activities made, etc., I am ready to sit in front of the teachers I work with and support my idea of introducing ICT to the Modern Languages Department.
A piece of advice? Keep on innovating! Do not be afraid of searching and trying new web tools and once you find anything interesting and useful, share it with other teachers! There is nothing better than sharing knowledge! That’s what teachers are really good at ;)
As I have said in previous posts, this is not the end of anything! This is just a great start to a new path of trying online tools to enhance our students’ learning.
Once again, thanks to UOO, Deb, all of you for reading me and making me a better teacher!

Love,
Eve

7 comments:

  1. Dear Eve,

    your piece of advice is really helpful. I like your idea that it's not a start, it's just a new beginning. We'll have to practice everything here, choose the best method for our students. I hope we'll see each other around!

    Nadina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Eve,

    I couldn't agree more with your advice!
    "There is nothing better than sharing knowledge! That’s what teachers are really good at"
    We are lucky to have this opportunity participated in this course and the rest teachers will be have chance to learn from us. I think I have improved my technology knowledge from this course but I will never stop learning. There are a lot more waiting for me to learn!
    Hopefull we are all still keep in touch ;o)

    Best,
    Garunyawun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Naddine and Garunyawun:

    Networking is a great tool we, modern teachers should take advantage of. I also think it is somehow a way to be autonomous.

    As you two said, we need to keep improving and learning ICT tools.

    Thank God for internet! and blogs! ;)

    Looking forward to hearing from you again!

    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Eve,

    I agree with you that we should share whatever useful we learn with other teachers. We should always work as a team to improve the teaching situation in the place we work.

    I also agree with you that it's just the beginning and learning never ends. We should always seek to learn more.

    Thank you for your insightful comments in the course, Eve.

    Keep in touch

    Yours,

    Mohamed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Eve,

    I can't but agree with you. Learning by doing, sharing, collaboration, interaction discovering, constructing proved to be very effective, especially amongst educators who share the same interest.

    Wish you all the best.

    "See" you around,
    Hala

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hala!
    I know you are an expert when it comes to networking! so sharing and interaction is part of what you do daily with your students and your peers worldwide!
    I am thinking about joining webheads in action! I do not know if I am good enough but I am really interested, after this course, to try it out!
    Hugs,
    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Eve,

    Espero verte pronto por Panama. TESOL convention is just coming. It will be in September 17th. Sabes cuando vi en el mapa me di cuenta que de América éramos solamente tú y yo que sorpresa. Bueno fue muy agradable ser tu compañera en este seminario. Espero seguir escribiendote en tu blog. El mío estará allí esperando.

    Well Eve here in Panama is not too far from your country. See you soon,

    Zuleika

    ReplyDelete